Monday, January 9, 2012

Homemade Lasagna

Lasagna is a very rare meal for us, especially since we watch our sodium intake, we don't buy the frozen ones often (have you ever read the label?!).  When I first pondered making it myself I figured it would be too hard, hubs thought it would be too expensive, but guess what? It's not! So here is my lasagna recipe for dummies!

Easy Lasagna
1 box of lasagna noodles (I like Barilla)
1 lb ground turkey
2 jars Classico Tuscan-inspired olive and garlic sauce (or sauce of your choice)
1 15 oz container of ricotta cheese
2-4 cups Sargento 6 cheese Italian blend (or cheese of your choice)
(all these quantities are definite...you can definitely add more or less of anything)

Preheat oven to 375
Boil lasagna noodles and brown and season your meat to taste.
Mix 2-3 cups of shredded cheese with the ricotta.
In a 9x13 pan, add a thin layer of your sauce. Then add your lasagna (I use three noodles). Add a layer of meat with sauce, then layer of lagsagna. Add all your ricotta and shredded cheese mix. Then top with a layer of lasgana. Then add the rest of your meat with sauce. Top layer of lasagna, then top with remainder of the tomato sauce. Then top with last cup or so of shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.  And done!!!


1 comment:

  1. sounds delicious... btw I have the same plate, my mother gave it to me as a wedding present

    ReplyDelete