Monday, January 16, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry coke cupcakes!


(yeah, I have BEEN singing that to cherry bomb for days lol)
So, today I finally revisited the Cherry coke cupcakes I found on Pinterest here
Once again, I find the recipe to be ridiculously complicated for a DC like me. Cake made from scratch, special coke float icing. Not happening here.

I used a Pillsbury Devil's Food cake. I replaced 3/4 cup of water from the recipe with coke, and about 1/4 of the water with cherry juice.  So I just added enough water to get the amount of water required (about a 1/2 cup, making 1 1/2 cups of liquid total). For the icing I used Betty Crocker whipped fluffy white.  The recipe says to put about 5 cherries into each cupcake. The first time I tried this I put 3 halves and it was just too much.  I would say if you still wanted to try and add cherries to the batter, make sure you chop them finely. Otherwise you follow the rest of the baking instructions for your cake mix. I topped them off with stemmed cherries. FYI: adding stemmed cherries necessitates refrigeration, but I am quite fond of the icing when refrigerated. It is your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment