Thursday, November 7, 2013

"Unicorn" nails you say?

I'm baaaaaaack! I decided that beauty falls under the realm of the domestic(ally) challenged diva.

So I see this post by XoVain about "unicorn nails." (By the way I highly recommend following XoVain, on Facebook or twitter, or both! Amazing stuff on there for challenged folks like me)

So, naturally, I head off to Sally.  I knew I could find the China Glaze they mention there. I also knew I could find Sally Hansen. I wasn't really sure about the third, but I knew improvising wouldn't be too hard. Then I decided to get something in place of the Sally Hansen (to avoid too many trips).


You start with a shimmery iridescent color and do two coats. 
China Glaze Rainbow
Next is a fine glitter coat.
Nina Ultra Pro Opal Elegance
Then top of with a light catching chunky glitter.
Finger Paints Colorful Collage

This was my first guesstimation of my colors, which ended up being pretty spot on. 


Photographing glitter nails is really hard.
This is the best picture I could get. This is what the post was going for.

FYI: China Glaze was on sale at Sally's buy 2 get one free, so I also bought two other polishes to make my buy two, get one quota.  In the end the China Glaze you are here is actually almost the same color as the polish next to it when painted on. 

These actually go on almost the same.

I bought this color as an afterthought for O and it may be my favorite one. 
Greatest afterthought ever.

So I decided to experiment with things. 
Glitter with a side of glitter please.
And got this!

Seriously, pictures do no justice to these disco ball fingernails.

wow, my thumb is wrinkly.
Managed this better picture in the car!

If you are low on cash, you can use the three China Glaze polishes shown in this order for a similar effect. 

Glitter away!

No comments:

Post a Comment